Fulmar by Aerovision, Spain.
AEROVISIÓN has developed and set up the so called FULMAR AERIAL TELEDETECTION SYSTEM. This consists of a small-size, self-piloted UAV with capabilities to take and transmit real time video or infrared images, a launcher, a ground control station, and a recovering net. The system´s versatility is such that it can complement or even successfully substitute other more expensive systems, like helicopters and airplanes used so far in many applications.
The FULMAR vehicle is a flying wing of an innovative design. It features very good stability and a high lift-drag ratio, as well as a long endurance due to its low consumption.
Its excellent aerodynamic efficiency accounts for its wide range of speeds and climb rates. The composite materials used in its construction are exceptionally resistant and provide optimum protection to the payload. Its structural design supports +/-6g accelerations in all the axes of movement. The aircraft has been also designed to land on water on a pneumatic skid.
The FULMAR system is easy to operate, since its take-off, flight, and landing are automatic and completely programmable by means of GPS-3D waypoints, in the ground control station. This station also serves to direct the movements and zoom of the onboard camera, which is moreover gyro-stabilized and geo-referenced.
- Flying Wing type.
- Wingspan: 3,10 m.
- Length: 1,23 m.
- Weight at take-off (maximum): 19 Kg.
- Fuselage section: 0,2 m
- Engine: 2 stroke internal-combustion engine. (Power: 2,75 HP/2 Kw.)
- Fuel: gasoline and oil mix. Tank capacity: 6,5 l.
- Speed rank: 60 to 150 Km/h. Cruising speed of 100Km/h
- Endurance: 8 hours. 800 Km of distance at cruising speed with full payload.
- Maximum height: 3.400m
- Take-off with elastic launcher with rubbers.
- Ground Landing: on a spread out net. No needed landing runway.
- Sea Landing: on a pneumatic skate. Waterproof UAV. Satellite radio beacon incorporated in teh UAV for recovering.
- Autopilot with redundant data sources: GPS and inertial navigation. Automatic switching between sources. Tolerant to GPS data failures.
- Flight plan pre-programmed. Possibility to change flight plan during the flight.
- Security routines pre-programmmed for forced landings (lack of communications, gasoline, or engine failures).
- Data link with the control station at 900 Mhz. within 100Km. of distance.
- Real time video link at 2,4Ghz, within 50Km of distance.
- Payload: electro-optical, infrared or photo cameras.
- Electro-optical video camera: 440.000 pixels of resolution. 18x zoom.
- Infrared video camera: 20.480 pixels of resolution. No zoom.
- Spectral response from 900 to 1.700 nm.
- Still image cameras can be optionally mounted.
- Two-axis gyro stabilizad gimbal.
- Point our of targets.